How it works?
How to get your Affiliate link?
Once you login through the affiliate area link, you’ll get access to affiliates control panel. The system automatically generates statistics for you to see your affiliation performance. Each affiliate will be able to see only their data, so affiliate with id 1 won’t be able to see tools and statistics for affiliate with id 2 and vice versa. The link you’ll see under “Your affiliate URL” section is your own affiliate link which you can share to others.
Whenever a visitor clicks on your affiliate link, the visitor goes to the site. If that visitor completes an action, i.e. a purchase, you will be credited with a referral and a commission.
So the basic tool for an affiliate is the link/URL (https://semikolon.com.au) and especially the affiliate URL parameter,
This is the part that converts each site link to an affiliate link and whenever it is clicked, the system will automatically recognise referrer.
The affiliate with id 1 uses the following URL to promote product through Facebook, Twitter, blog posts, whatever you can imagine…
or as a HTML link snippet, ready to be pasted in HTML documents
<a href="https://semikolon.com.au/monstera-leporello-classico-3/?affiliates=1">Check this Awesome Photo album I recently bought</a>
This link is an affiliate link to a Monstera Leporello Classico Photo album. Whenever a visitor clicks on this link and buys this product, the affiliate with id 1 will be credited with a referral and therefore a commission. The commission includes additional tiers, i.e. you can earn a commission on sales generated by other participants that they referred to.
Whenever a referral is recorded, the referrer of original referral will get a tiered commission of 15% of the total sales made, the referrer of the referrer will get a tiered commission of 4% of total sales. With the 5 tier referral system, the referrer of the subsequent level of referrer will also get 3%, 2% and 1% of the total sales made.
Let’s see some more details to explain the flow that takes place in the background.
Assume that we following relations between our affiliates.
- Affiliate A has referred Affiliate B.
- Affiliate B has referred Affiliate C.
- Affiliate C has referred Affiliate D.
- Affiliate D has referred Affiliate E.
- Affiliate E refers a new sale.
The new sale will result in the following:
- Affiliate E is considered the Original Referrer and gets 15% of the total sales price.
- Affiliate D will get a tiered commission of 4% of the total sales price as the referrer of Affiliate E.
- Affiliate C will get a tiered commission of 3% of the total sales price as the referrer of Affiliate D.
- Affiliate B will get a tiered commission of 2% of the total sales price as the referrer of Affiliate C.
- Affiliate A will get a tiered commission of 1% of the total sales price as the referrer of Affiliate B.